Fingest House stands in a prominent position inthe middle of the village and is Listed Grade 11 built around 1790 with 14.25 acres. It has many fine period features the hall and dining room of particular note being specially mentioned in the listing, it benefits from a number of open fireplaces with the principal rooms having views over the delightful gardens.
There is an attractive courtyard, beautiful gardens and grounds being a perfect compliment to the property as well as a separate cottage. The gardens are a particularly fine feature of the house. There is a croquet lawn, an area of orchard and expanses of lawn interspersed with mature Yew hedges and deep herbaceous borders against the old garden wall. The tennis court and swimming pool are tucked away at the far end of the garden.
Adjacent to the house is a substantial brick and flint barn with ample storage and loft space. Planning permission has been granted for anew stable yard with 4 loose boxes. Continue reading to view additional images of the property.