Unparalleled in its sophisticated elegance and chic contemporary design, this Georgian manor estate which was originally built in 1930, has been completely renovated. Today with over 20,000 square feet, this magnificent architectural masterpiece juxtaposes historic period details with contemporary splendor. The entry gallery is anchored by a phenomenal modern staircase cantilevered from exposed brick walls. The fluidity and movement in the contours of the sweeping staircase create an energy indicative of the residence itself.
The entertaining floor features a sumptuous living room, handsome library with dedicated ventilation system, tremendous dining room, all of which enjoy fireplaces, an orangerie, exposed brick aviary, state-of-the-art kitchen with breakfast room and lounge, gardening room and family room. The master bedroom suite includes an expansive bedroom with fireplace and private terrace, wonderfully large dressing area and spa like bathroom with floors made of poured clear terrazzo and clear shattered glass.
The main residence sits majestically on a hilltop on 25 acres of rolling meadows and lightly wooded property and borders the 150 acre Marsh Sanctuary. It is accessed by a gated entrance and stately winding driveway. A pond, 2 bedroom guest cottage, 65 foot pool, pool cabana and tennis court complete this esteemed property. Continue reading to view additional images.
Read more »